We maintain the correct staff – child ratios at all times and pride ourselves on the quality of staff performance, experience and varied age ranges. All our staff are qualified to Level 3 and above with Pediatric First Aid training, Safeguarding Children and Level 2 Food Hygiene.
Staff have various extra job roles which includes:
- Designated Lead Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Fire Safety person
- Food Hygiene person
- Named First Aiders
- Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)
Training is ongoing throughout the nursery to refresh and deepen practitioners knowledge and experience.
You will also see students from time to time who maybe on work experience or from colleges/ university who are studying Childcare or Early Years.
We use the key person approach to help your child feel individual, cherished and cared for whilst they are in our care. This means that there is one named member of staff and a second named member of staff, as the main point of contact for you and your child.
At Feversham First Steps we believe it is very important for children to bond with the staff in their room, therefore we allow your child to settle in for a few weeks before appointing a key person. Your child’s key person will usually be the person he/she feels comfortable to go to and to whom they may form a close bond with.
Your child’s key person will help you and your child by:
- Observing and assessing your child’s play and providing suitable resources and activities
- Keeping up to date records about your child’s learning and sharing these with you on tapestry
- Helping your child settle in when he/she first arrives at our setting
- Making sure any questions you have are answered
- Helping your child with their personal care, for instance changing nappies, toilet training, washing hands